Saturday 19 January 2008

New show

Thanks for everybody's concern over my migraines, I seem to be slowly getting back to normal vision. At least I am back to painting with no problems and have spent much of the last 2 weeks working on new, larger pictures of Skye.
I have been drawing inspiration and new perspectives from the excellent 'Wild Places' by Robert Macfarlane, a writer who sleeps out in Britain's most remote wilderness and articulates both what it is and historically was to engage with raw nature. A book I don't want to finish, it is making me fidgety to get away from the city.
Yet it is a good time of year to be getting on with pictures, the constant january grey is good for painting under. I can also announce my involvement in a new group exhibition at the Gallery Top, nr. Matlock, Derbyshire. The show, dubbed 'Survey 2' runs from April 5th- May 11th.

No comments: